Photo: MRCC According to the Vietnam Maritime Search and Rescue Coordination Center (MRCC), Dorde Perunovic, a 50-year-old from Montenegro, was aboard the Panamanian ship MSC Esthi when he suffered a stroke. The incident happened as the ship was in the southern waters off of the Hoang Sa archipelago, also known as the Paracel islands. The ship had been on route to China from Singapore, but with the life of the sailor in danger, the captain immediately sent a mayday signal to the MRCC. Upon receiving the alert, the centre contacted the vessel and instructed the ship’s personnel to provide first aid to the crewmember. It also mobilised Ship SAR 412, along with a medical team from the Da Nang city Health Emergency Center and sent them directly to the scene. Upon approaching the vessel, the joint forces could successfully give the sailor emergency aid before moving him to Ship SAR 412 which took him to the port of Da Nang. The centre also collaborated with local authorities in order to finalize necessary procedures to return the fisherman to his home country.
- Rescued Indian and Irish sailors head for remote island
- Can a rescue plan save Sears from bankruptcy?
- Local pet rescue in need of donations to stay open
- Meet the man who saved 64 dogs and cats from Florence
- Zim general warns on foreign bases in Djibouti
- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen’s Syllabus: the Wrestling Match Over Foreign Policy
- Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson says Space Force is necessary for U.S. to "prevail in space"
- Kenway Consulting's ninth annual charity golf outing raises $36,000 for ALIVE Rescue
- Game Wardens Rescue Swimmer Caught in Flood Waters
- Man rescued from Arizona mine lucky to survive fall, snakes
Rescue forces save foreign sailor in Danang have 294 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.