10:08 | 18/09/2019
VGP – The 151st repatriation ceremony of the remains of U.S. soldiers was jointly organized by the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) and the Vietnamese Office for Seeking Missing Persons (VNOSMP) on September 17 in the central city of Da Nang.
The 151st repatriation ceremony of the remains of U.S. soldiers is organized on September 17 in the central city of Da Nang – Photo: VGP
At the ceremony, the Vietnamese Government handed over the remains of two U.S. soldiers missing in action (MIA) in Viet Nam.
Nearly 80 U.S. professionals and 200 Vietnamese partners met at scenes in the central provinces of Quang Binh and Thua Thien H
This year, the two nations celebrated the 30th anniversary of cooperation in searching for soldiers MIA.
By Thuy Dung
- Vietnam repatriates remains of three US soldiers at Da Nang airport
- Vietnam returns US soldiers' remains
- Vietnam hands over remains of US soldiers at ceremony in Da Nang
- Vietnam repatriates American soldier’s remains
- US soldiers' remains formally repatriated
- 5 reasons Vietnam was selected to host Trump’s second North Korea summit
- Time now the enemy in battle to find missing GIs in jungles of Vietnam