A woman has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting a cabin crew staff member on a flight to the U.K.
Essex Police said they were called to reports that a passenger had attacked a member of easyJet’s staff as the plane was making its way from Malaga, Spain, to Southend Airport, around 40 miles east of central London.
Video footage, obtained by The Sun, shows a woman arguing with a male passenger before bursting into tears after police board the plane to arrest her.
“Oh please don’t arrest me,” the woman can be heard saying as officers put her in handcuffs.
“This is gonna kill my career,” she adds.
According to The Sun, the plane had to make an emergency landing at Southend Airport after the woman allegedly tried to open the plane door.
The woman, who was allegedly drinking red wine from a plastic soft drink bottle during the flight, was held down by three female members of the cabin crew before her arrest.
In a statement, easyJet confirmed that a passenger who had been “behaving disruptively” was arrested at the airport after landing.
“EasyJet’s cabin crew are trained to assess and evaluate all situations and to act quickly and appropriately to ensure that the safety of the flight and other passengers is not compromised at any time,” a spokesperson said, reports Sky News.
“Whilst such incidents are rare, we take them very seriously, and do not tolerate abusive or threatening behaviour on board.
“The safety and wellbeing of passengers and crew is always easyJet’s priority.”
An Essex Police spokesperson confirmed to Newsweek: “Police were contacted at just after midnight on Sunday 1 September following reports that a passenger on an in-flight bound to Southend Airport had assaulted cabin crew staff.
“Officers attended and arrested a 49-year-old woman on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
“She has been questioned and released on bail until 27 September.”
Last month, a Ryanair passenger accused Portugese police of using excessive force after he was dragged off a flight at Faro Airport in the Algrave following an argument he had with cabin crew about moving seats so he could be next to his friend.
Rafik Boutiche, 20, was accused of pushing a female staff member during the argument, which he denied. Boutiche said he suffered several injuries after being dragged off the plane by officers.
“My hand is cut up, it’s burning me at the moment,” Boutiche told The Mirror. “My ankle has been sprained and my neck is hurting me. We’re just two young lads, we’re not looking for trouble, we just wanted to get back home.
“I’ve never experienced anything like this, I never thought it was possible to go through what I’ve gone through. It’s made me very emotional.”
Ryanair said that Boutiche and his friend have both being banned from flying with the budget airline as a result of the August 7 incident.
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing As It Falls Apart On The Inside
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Passenger Goes Through Sleeping Husband's Phone and Discovers His Infidelity
- Woman's Horniness Causes Plane To Make Emergency Landing
- Ranting, Smoking Woman Who Disrupted Flight Is a Sociology Professor
- Woman Terrorizes Plane With Fake Leg, Slaps Passengers, Demands Smokes
- Malaysian Flight Attendant Arrested for Sexual Assault of Passenger
- 11 Things That Can Get You Kicked Off a Plane and How to Handle It
- Woman Who Gave Birth on Plane Allegedly Deported, May Owe Airline $33,000
- Wonder what it's like when your plane's wing catches fire?
- ‘Screaming Woman’ Removed From Flight After Hitting a Passenger and Kissing a Flight Attendent
- Norwegian Cruise Line Quietly Removes Employee Access to Emergency Contraceptives
- Delta Reportedly Kicks YouTube Star Off Plane For Speaking Arabic (Update: Not Quite)
- Delta Says It Removed YouTube Stars From Plane For Shouting, 'Provocative Behavior,' Not Speaking Arabic
- Kate Moss Calls Pilot 'Basic Bitch,' Gets Kicked Off Plane
- Passenger Taped To Seat After Reportedly Trying To Rush Plane Cockpit With Blanket On His Head
- The Necessary Danger of Repeatedly Sending Planes Into The Eyes Of Hurricanes
- Woman Spends 3 Days In Jail Over Plane Seat Swap Gone Horribly Wrong
- The 50 Most Read Jezebel Posts of 2017
- Six Airplane Facts to Cure Your Fear of Flying
- That's Not Something You Want To See Out Of Your Airplane Window
Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Woman 'Behaving Disruptively' Allegedly Assaults Cabin Crew have 706 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.