Politburo member and head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Information and Education Vo Van Thuong (centre) shakes hands with Chairman of Communist Party of the Russian Federation Gennady Zyuganov (Photo: VNA)
During his working trip to the country, he met with leaders of the ruling United Russia Party and the Communist Party of the Russian Federation, and the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
At the sessions, the sides discussed situations of each Party and country. They also took note of the results of numerous activities in the Vietnam Year in Russia and the Russia Year in Vietnam, which mark the 25th year of the treaty on fundamental principles of Vietnam-Russia friendship and the 70th year of bilateral diplomatic ties.
They reiterated that the cooperation between the two countries’ Parties serves as an important political foundation and a driving force to strengthen the Vietnam-Russia relations.
Touching upon regional and international circumstances, Thuong informed the Russian side on current complicated developments in the East Sea. He affirmed Vietnam’s consistent stance of settling disputes in the East Sea by peaceful measures in line with international law, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on Law of the Sea (UNCLOS 1982).
He spoke highly of Russia’s standpoint on respecting the supremacy of international law on resolving disputes related to sovereignty of nations and supporting the maintenance of peace, security, maritime and aviation safety in the East Sea.
During the meeting with Chairman of Communist Party of the Russian Federation Gennady Zyuganov, the Vietnamese official highly valued the cooperation of the two Parties over the time.
The Parties need to bolster joint activities in ideological sector and culture in the next year to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin and the 130th birthday of President Ho Chi Minh, he said.
Earlier, the Party delegation led by Thuong paid tribute to the late Vietnamese President at a square named after him in Moscow.
- Party official joins working sessions with Russian political parties
- Trump willing to work with Russia against IS
- Syria Strikes Lock U.S. and Russia Into New Era of Animosity
- As Mueller moves to finalize obstruction report, Trump's allies ready for political battle
- Rudy Giuliani just obliterated the goal posts on Trump-Russia collusion
- Syria Strikes Lock U.S. and Russia Into a New Era of Animosity
- America counts down to Syria missile strikes as Trump threats leave conflict with Russia looming large
- Zimbabwe Formally Applies to Re-Join Commonwealth
- South Africa: Expression Session for Blitzboks in Paris