The 5th meeting of the Mekong Extension Learning Alliance (MELA) opened on September 11 in the central city of Da Nang with the participation of 60 delegates from five member countries Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam. The four-day event aims to share information, knowledge and experience in agricultural extension and advisory services between regional countries, as well as research within agriculture and rural development. At the meeting, representatives from MELA member countries presented many reports on the implementation of national policies on climate adaptive smart agriculture, green agriculture and the development of farmers’ organisations. According to Nguyen Anh Tuan, an official in charge of international cooperation at the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, MELA will provide farmers with opportunities to have better access to information technology, market development and funding in order to deal with current challenges. Cooperation between agricultural extension organisations in the Mekong region is also important in the areas of food security, food safety, plant and animal health control, and sustainable agriculture. At the meeting, measures will be introduced to promote cooperation between regional agricultural extension organisation so as to enhance the capacity, technology transfer and agricultural innovation in each country. The Mekong Extension Learning… Read full this story
- Thanh Hoa shares experience in containing COVID-19 with Lao province
- Chinese, Arab medical experts share experience in combating COVID-19 via video conference
- Vietnam ready to share experience in combating COVID-19
- PM Modi Calls Australian Counterpart, Discusses Need to Share Experience to Deal With Coronavirus
- Chinese medics at front line of treating COVID-19 patients share experience with Italian peers
- Checking In With Susan Koeppen: Wildlife Photographer Shares Experience Of Being Caught In Coronavirus Travel Ban Outside U.S.
- Chinese dams held back Mekong waters during drought, study finds
- Mekong river groups urge China to show transparency after dam report
- Farm, tech shares lead strong rally
- Congress backs lockdown extension but asks PM Modi to spell out strategy to fight Covid-19
Mekong countries share experience in agricultural extension have 334 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.