Indian eves failed to replicate their comeback win from their first match during the second match of the tour where they could only draw 1-1 with hosts Great Britain after trailing by a goal again. The third match of Women hockey’s UK tour has been scheduled to be played on Tuesday, October 1.
The Indian team was at their offensive best right from the first whistle as they got off the blocks quicker and won all the second balls. It almost paid off with them earning a couple of penalty corners in the first two minutes itself. However, Britain were aware of India’s threat and their goalkeeper Maddie Hinch did brilliantly to keep India at the shore.
The hosts had done their homework after a disheartening 1-2 loss in the first match and they didn’t make any mistake going on the offensive this time. Their attempt won them a penalty corner from a swift counter-attack and although Indian backline did well to thwart their first chance, the referee blew whistle for infringement.
India could do nothing from the resulting penalty stroke awarded and the hosts took advantage of it in as early as the 8th minute. And this time, they ensured that they held on to the slim 1-0 lead throughout the first break and in the second quarter as well.
India tried their best to get the equalizer but their attack was opposed by defense in numbers and when that failed, Hinch came up with some stupendous saves to keep the one-goal lead intact. But, the third quarter finally saw India restoring parity as Lalremsiami rose to the occasion to finish off a counter attack.
The final quarter was as close as it could be with both the sides going at it. However, none of the defences committed a mistake and the match ended 1-1. India would be playing their next match tomorrow.
Cricket FootBall Kabaddi
- VN women crowned in SEA Games football
- 3-on-3 basketball teams ready for Games
- VN women's football team now second in standings
- Viet Nam teams draw well at ASIAD
- Vietnam women to play SEA Games final, Myanmar take bronze
- Women team extends contract with Chinese coach
- AVG sponsors two Vietnamese football teams at Sea Games
- Viet Nam's women storm to second sculling silver
- Vietnam women win pre-SEA Games futsal title
- Sepaktakraw Women Take 1st Asian Games Gold for VN
- Vietnamese women advance to second Olympics qualifying round
- Women’s team with a tough job in knock-out stage
- Indonesia to remove women's football from SEA Games 2011
- Women's team get new sponsorship
- Federer, Nadal advance at Indian Wells
- Vietnam men strike back, women lose at Olympiad
- The new hopes of Vietnam's track-and-field at 27th SEA Games
- SEA Games Highlights - December 13
- Liem wins Dragon Capital, An draws at world chess champs
- Vietnamese team successes at Int’l Muay Thai Champs
Indian women’s team draw second game 1-1 with Great Britan have 463 words, post on sportscafe.in at September 30, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.