The Hanoitimes – Vietnam has a unique opportunity to design an innovation ecosystem that leaves no one behind. Promoting inclusive innovation is essential for Vietnam to pursue rapid, sustainable growth and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, according to Acting UN Resident Coordinator in Vietnam Caitlin Wiesen. Acting UN Resident Coordinator in Vietnam Caitlin Wiesen. Photo: Baotainguyenmoitruong Vietnam is at a key turning point at which decisions made by government regarding the scale and speed of innovation, how it is generated and diffused, and who benefits, will be critical to the quality of growth and the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Wiesen said at the Vietnam Reform and Development Forum 2019 held in Hanoi on September 19. The UNDP official said in hailing Vietnam’s progress made in promoting innovation as evidenced by the proposals for the establishment of the National Innovation Center, the World Economic Forum’s Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution and other initiatives, adding that institutions play an important role in the generation and deployment of innovations. For further effectiveness of the institutions, Wiesen proposed four recommendations, namely: (1) Innovation is highly contextual: Models and institutions from abroad offer valuable lessons but must be adapted… Read full this story
- View: Four ways to spur sustainable growth in the auto sector
- Innovation key to unlocking $5-trillion economy
- Smart city to boost sustainable growth and prosperity
- India key to growth, innovation: Uber CEO
- Sustainable Growth – Interface, Inc.
- Microsoft: Innovation key to PC profits
- T-Mobile Sees 4G as Key For Growth
- Honey, I shrunk the R&D cost: How 'open innovation' can sharpen competitive edge
- WHISE 2019 promotes innovative startup
- EVFTA to sustainably boost Vietnam’s wood exports to EU
Inclusive innovation – key to sustainable growth: UNDP have 289 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.