Food Safety Management Board in HCM City has warned people against consuming dog meat due to potential dangers. Dog meat is a familiar dish to many people Dog meat is a familiar dish to many people. However, as more people keep dogs as pets, their position in society has increased. The number of veterinary clinics and pet care shops also boomed. Meanwhile, the Food Safety Management Board in HCM City has raised several issues about food hygiene and safety with dog meat. The environment conditions where the dogs are reared, slaughtered and preserved are not hygienic. The dogs can be sick and get rabies and pose a huge risk to consumers. Chemical residues in meat is another problem that needed to be addressed. Because there are many dog thieves, they might use chemicals to trap the dogs and those chemicals may harm the consumers not to mention bacterial and parasitical infections. According to the Veterinary Law, the sellers must meet requirements about food safety. Dog meat is not banned in Vietnam but dogs are not listed as domesticated meat animals.
- HCM City weighs plans for economic recovery
- HCM City sends out urgent call for blood donation
- HCM City to continue with preventive measures despite end of COVID-19 restrictions
- HCM City offers COVID-19 relief to struggling foreigners
- HCM City economy hit by pandemic, things to worsen, warns Party chief
- HCM City economy hit by COVID-19, things to worsen, warns local officials
- HCM City prepares for disaster response ahead of rainy season
- HCM City sets up steering committee for new “city within city”
- Arrivals in HCM City will be tested four times for Covid-19
- HCM City, Australia’s Victoria state step up cooperation
HCM City calls for people to stop eating dog meat have 294 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.