Nhon-Hanoi Station train will be operated at 35 kilometres per hour
According to the Hanoi Metropolitan Railway Management Board, the train cars will only run at 35 kilometres per hour like metro lines in Paris, Berlin or many other cities in Asia.
The train carriages for the metro line are now being assembled in France and are 35% complete, the board said.
Ten trains meeting European standards will be handed over to Vietnam. The trains are 2.75-2.95 metres wide and 80 metres long, with four carriages each.
As planned, the first train car for the route will be handed over to Vietnam next July so that the elevated section can be put into operation in April 2021 and the whole system in 2022.
When in place, each train can transport 850-950 passengers at a time.
Construction of the Nhon-Hanoi Station metro project started in 2009 with an investment of EUR1.17 billion. The metro line runs 12.5 kilometres long, including an 8.5-kilometre elevated section and a four-kilometre underground section. It has 12 stations, passing through many districts including Bac Tu Liem, Nam Tu Liem, Cau Giay, Ba Dinh, Dong Da and Hoan Kiem.
- Hanoi metro test run goes ‘relatively well’: authorities
- Transport ministry committed to completion of Cát Linh-Hà Đông metro project in March
- PM sets deadline for Cat Linh-Ha Dong metro line
- Supermarket bank holiday and New Year opening hours for 2020 including Tesco, Aldi, Morrisons and M&S
- Apple Car speculation is back. Here's what we know so far
- Hanoi: First tunnel boring machine for metro line construction installed
- Fake: PM Modi never said Vajpayee started first metro in India
- 6 km metro trial run from PCMC to Phugewadi successful
- PM inaugurates India's first-ever driverless train for Delhi Metro
- Unpaid school stops training HCMC metro line drivers
- PM Modi launches India’s first Driverless Smart Metro Train
- Hanoi should adopt wider vision, says architect
- Hanoi proposes investing USD 2.81 billion in new urban metro line
- Outstanding construction projects in Hanoi this year
- How a QUARTER of hospitals are operating at Covid 'danger zone' with fifth of beds taken up by infected patients with figure as high as 45% in one Kent NHS site - so use our tool to find out how busy YOUR local trust is
- Hyderabad Metro with CBTC tech can also be ‘driverless’
- New direct air route links Hanoi, China’s Jiangxi Province
- 6,000 cops, soldiers parade in Hanoi ahead of National Party Congress
- Vietnam Airlines launches new services on Hanoi-HCM City route
- DSS operative kills would-be kidnapper by crashing his car in Abuja
Hanoi metro cars to be operated at 35 kilometres per hour have 428 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.