A school in England has banned its female pupils from wearing skirts “to protect their modesty” when using glass-sided stairwells.
Girls at Stowmarket High School in Suffolk were told that they must wear trousers, with the school saying the change was made in response to the design of a new teaching building, reports CambridgeshireLive.
Headteacher Dave Lee-Allan claimed he was “concerned” about “personal privacy” with the new build, but was assured by the designers that there had not been an issue with similar structures. He then added that the new uniform is more “practical” with an option for shorts in the summer.
However, the parents do not believe that the uniform changes were made to make the pupils looks more “smart” or to stop boys looking up girls’ skirts, rather they were introduced to force gender neutrality on their daughters.
One parent told the East Anglian Daily Times: “If this really just about glass side stairs then how come female staff are still wearing skirts? No-one believes this nonsense. It’s obvious that what is really about is cracking down on girls behaving differently than boys by forcing a gender neutral dress code on them.”
UK: Police Called After Schoolchildren Protest Gender Neutral Uniforms https://t.co/JeerkCxAkP
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) September 7, 2019
This incident is the latest in the controversy over schools introducing ‘gender-neutral’ school uniforms — which in most cases, are simply male uniforms forced onto girls — with a growing number of schools opting to ban skirts in order to be accommodating to ‘transgender’ children.
Last week, police were called to a high school in Lewes, East Sussex, after 150 parents and children protested the new ‘gender neutral’ uniform which banned girls from wearing skirts.
Administrators at Prior School said the changes to the school uniform had been made to “address inequality”, over concerns at the length of girls’ skirts, and to accommodate transgender pupils.
Schools across the UK have been introducing ‘gender neutral’ or all-male uniforms to accommodate to transgender pupils, including in Wales where boys and ‘trans girls’ are now allowed to wear skirts to school.
The growing number of schools making such radical changes to uniforms — a feature of British schooling culture — comes ahead of reforms to the curriculum, where from 2020, all children from early years onwards must receive relationship and sex education classes, which will include lessons about transgenderism.
- UK boarding school says, 'will allow boys to wear skirts if they want'
- Style: Return of pleated skirts
- Regular, Degular, Shmegular Girl From the Bronx
- Marilyn Monroe's first shoot as a pin-up girl aged 22 as she struggled to make it in Hollywood is featured alongside early calendar shots of Jayne Mansfield and Diana Dors in new book of 50s glamour girls
- School pupils banned from wearing 'intimidating' hoodies which 'hide identity'
- Jenn Ashworth: Why I refused to go to school
- Father, his girlfriend and her sister are charged in the death of an 8-year-old girl who was 'beaten, starved, forced to sleep on the floor and banned from drinking water'
- Female high school athletes file discrimination complaint claiming that allowing transgender athletes to compete in women's events has cost them top finishes and scholarships
- Happy Halloween! Annual ‘Offensive’ Costume Bans Begin, Starting With Michigan State University
- Student Says She Was Assaulted At School In Elk Grove For Being Muslim
- Putting the ASH in fashion: Man casually strolls along Sydney street wearing a GIMP MASK to avoid toxic bush-fire smoke - as others get even MORE creative
- Treat school sanitation as a serious affair
- Man held for raping, smashing head with stone of 5-year-old tribal girl in Maharashtra's Nagpur
- It’s time to let go of ‘unwanted schools’ theory
- Colorado public schools are paying millions to settle lawsuits when educators fail to report sex abuse of students, but those educators avoid legal consequences
- The 8 Most Catholic-School Things About
- GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Duchess of Cornwall switches to fake fur after being blasted for her Russian-style hat seven years ago
- LASG approves use of Hijab in public schools
- Why Are Little Girls' Halloween Costumes Still So Sexy?
- Guests MUST pay for all food and drink and bright colours are banned: Bridezilla unveils strict rules for her wedding day - before setting up a GoFundMe to raise money for her honeymoon
Girls Banned from Wearing Skirts at School ‘to Protect Their Modesty’ have 691 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.