A four-year-old boy in the northern province of Bac Ninh had to be hospitalised after being left on a school bus for seven hours.
Colonel Pham Van Luong, deputy director of Bac Ninh Provincial Department of Public Security, told Dantri/Dtinews Newspaper on Monday that the incident occurred on September 13 at a private kindergarten in Tien Du District.
When the school bus arrived at the class at 8 am, the driver thought all the children had got off and so he took the bus to a parking area without noticing that a four-year-old boy still on there,” the police official said.
“It was not until 3 pm that the driver came back to the bus and saw the boy unconscious. He rushed the boy to a local hospital which then transferred him to the National Hospital of Paediatrics.”
Luong noted that it was lucky that the bus’ door was loose.
A doctor at the National Hospital of Pediatrics said that the boy was brought to the hospital in critical condition with high fever and hypoglycemia. He is recovering after two days of intense treatment.
Local police have seized the school bus and summoned relating people for further investigation into the incident.
On August 6, a six-year-old boy was found dead on a school bus of the Gateway International School in Hanoi after being left on the vehicle for nine hours.
- Hanoi first grader left to death on school bus
- Boy, 2, fighting for life after falling into huge cooking pot of boiling water in Ukraine
- The little Welsh boy who grew up to become the talk of UFC
- Great-grandmother, 93, fights off TWO muggers who tried to snatch her bag as she went to buy knitting supplies
- The secrets of the family archive
- Kenya: Suspects Walk Free, Thanks to Laxity in Court
- Kenya: Floods Kill Six People in Nyanza
- South Africa: Joburg Townships Erupt in Chaos As Communities Protest Over Land, Unemployment and Electricity
- South Africa: Hope for Mafefe Residents As Asbestos Road Is Replaced