The provincial People’s Committee said on September 20 that more than 25,000 meters of estuaries and coast, and over 1,200 meters of riverbanks are currently in the state of emergency and need urgent settlement. Erosion in Ca Mau province is so serious that even the anti-erosion structure for the area of Dat Mui Market in Ngoc Hien district has been damaged. Chairman of the committee Nguyen Tien Hai has decided on the urgent construction of anti-erosion embankments for the estuaries of Rach Goc and Hoc Nang in Ngoc Hien district, and Ho Gui in Nam Can and Dam Doi districts. Similar facilities will also be built for several coastline stretches in Ngoc Hien district and for the residential area in Nam Can township of Nam Can district. Erosion is particularly complicated at present, which is becoming even worse in the ongoing rainy season, threatening residential areas, electricity networks, clinics, schools as well as local protection forests. Hai has assigned authorities of Nam Can, Ngoc Hien and Dam Doi districts to promote the embankment construction, seal off areas hit hard by and prone to erosion, persuade local residents to evacuate from those zones, and keep a close watch on erosion developments… Read full this story
- Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma Pray For People's Safety As Cyclone Fani Hits India's Eastern Coast
- What Happens When a President Declares a National Emergency?
- Ca Mau seeks gov’t fund to resettle households in disaster–prone areas
- Russian news reports say capsule carrying Russian, US astronauts has successfully made an emergency landing
- Apple to Add $1 Billion Campus in Austin, Tex., in Broad U.S. Hiring Push
- U.S. Coast Guard Seizes $375 Million Worth of Illegal Drugs
- WATCH: Coast Guard Crewman Jumps onto Moving Drug Submarine
- PICTURED: Coast Guard to offload 27,300 pounds of cocaine worth $367M and 11,000 pounds of marijuana worth $10M seized in international waters off Florida coast
- Total War: Warhammer 2 is getting an undead pirate-themed DLC, 'Curse of the Vampire Coast'
- Facebook moves to monetize WhatsApp with new Business API and Status ads
Erosion pushes Ca Mau’s Eastern coast to emergency status have 348 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.