Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at the opening ceremony of the 16th China-ASEAN Expo (CAEXPO) and China-ASEAN Business and Investment Summit (CABIS) in Nanning, China’s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region on September 21, 2019. Photo: VGP
Addressing the event, highly appreciated the role of the two platforms in promoting economic and trade cooperation between ASEAN countries and China.
He emphasized that Viet Nam has worked with other ASEAN members and partners to foster the formulation of a favorable environment for businesses and sustainable development on the basis of ensuring legitimate interests of countries and compliance with international law, thus contributing to peace, cooperation, and prosperity in the region and the world.
This year, CAEXPO draws the participation of 2,500 businesses, including 150 Vietnamese businesses displaying farm, timber, processing, and footwear products among others.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam meets with Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng. Photo: VGP
On the occasion, Dam had bilateral talks with Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng and received Secretary of the Party Committee of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region Lu Xinshe.
Dam reiterated that Viet Nam attaches importance to advancing the neighboring friendship and comprehensive cooperation with China.
He called on the two Governments to support and create favorable conditions for enhancing exchanges and mutually beneficial cooperation between the sides’ border localities.
Dam also asked the Chinese side to take measures to reduce Viet Nam’s trade deficit with China while satisfactorily resolving outstanding problems in the projects with Chinese businesses’ involvement which are drawing the Vietnamese public’s concern.
Regarding the East Sea issue, Deputy PM Dam repeated Viet Nam’s stance on the East Sea, asking China to respect the rights and legitimate interests to avoid complicating situation at sea./.
By Quang Minh
- Deputy PM urges high-tech for better food safety
- Vietnamese pavilion in China-ASEAN Expo opened by Deputy PM Dam
- Specific activities need to support startups: Deputy PM Dam
- HIV/AIDS prevention needs support of the community: Deputy PM Dam
- Deputy PM Dam urges for renovation from IT students
- Nhandan Newspaper - Deputy PM Dam urges for renovation from IT students
- Education determines the future of each nation: Deputy PM Dam
- Nhandan Newspaper - Education determines the future of each nation: Deputy PM Dam
- Deputy PM Dam addresses challenges posed by Vietnam’s ageing population