According to the meeting, an array of important events regarding the Defence Ministry and defence cooperation in ASEAN will be held next year, including the 10th anniversary of ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting Plus (ADMM) and the 65th founding anniversary of Vietnam People’s Navy, along with several national defence and military conferences.
Participants said defence and military conferences next year should place priority on promoting dialogues, national defence-military cooperation within ASEAN and between ASEAN and partners, and stepping up substantial collaboration in humanitarian assistance and search and rescue.
The meeting also consented to invest resources in improving Vietnam’s capacity via co-chairing the ADMM Experts’ Group on UN Peacekeeping Operations, and studying the establishment of an ASEAN peacekeeping centre and an English centre for ASEAN defence.
Deputy FM Dung hailed preparatory work made by the Defence Ministry while underlining the Defence Ministry’s crucial role in contributing to the success of Vietnam ASEAN Chair Year 2020.
- The Russian defence ministry celebrated new year by showcasing its cute puppies
- Year in Review 2017: Which Pakistani movie song of 2017 is your favourite?
- Year in Review 2017: 8 breakups that broke the Internet
- Defence ministry has 'no reservations' sharing spending details with Parliament
- Defence ministry under fire over Israeli drone tests
- Latvian defence ministry says corruption claims may be disinformation campaign
- Top Russian general Valeryi Asapov killed in ISIS mortar shelling in Syria, reveals Vladimir Putin’s defence ministry
- Russia Defence Ministry look like fools after tweeting video of a computer game and claiming it was US military assisting ISIS
- Russia Defence Ministry blasted after tweeting computer game footage and claiming it proved US military helped ISIS
- Year in Review 2017: 10 celebrities who left us this year