At the event (Photo: VNA) In the Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2019 Update, ADB noted that while Vietnam’s gross domestic product growth moderated in the first half of 2019, it will remain resilient this year and next year despite a weaker external environment. Inflation forecasts are revised down to 3.0 per cent from 3.5 per cent for 2019 and 3.5 per cent from 3.8 per cent for 2020. GDP growth moderated from 7.0 per cent in the first half of 2018 to 6.8 per cent in the corresponding period of this year. On the demand side, as external demand weakened, volume growth in exports of goods and services slowed by more than half, from 15.7 per cent in the first 6 months of 2018 to 7.1 per cent a year later. The adverse effect of the export slowdown on GDP growth was well cushioned, however, by continued strength in domestic demand. Growth moderated across the board in agriculture, industry, and services, but to varying degrees. Prolonged drought and a fresh outbreak of African swine fever dragged growth in agriculture down from 3.8 per cent in the first half of 2018 to 2.4 per cent a year later. Within agriculture, growth… Read full this story
- Why the markets will grow in 2019
- Financial crash WARNING: Global economy growth forecast SLASHED ahead of Davos 2019
- (2nd L) S. Korean economy grows 2.7 pct in 2018: BOK
- (3rd L) S. Korean economy grows 2.7 pct in 2018: BOK
- (LEAD) S. Korean economy grows 2.7 pct in 2018: BOK
- S. Korean economy grows 2.7 pct in 2018: BOK
- GE shares drop after CEO forecasts negative cash flow in 2019
- GE shares close down after CEO forecasts negative cash flow in 2019
- Economy grows at fastest pace for 25 months in January
- What is the weather forecast for Mother’s Day 2019?
ADB forecasts Vietnam’s economy to grow at 6.8 per cent in 2019 have 293 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.