By Chinasa Afigbo
The Beeta Universal Arts Foundation, led by award-winning actress and producer, Bikiya Graham-Douglas, invites playwrights from across the country to apply for its third edition of Beeta Playwright Competition by sending in their unpublished plays.
The competition is open to indigenous playwrights between ages 18-40. Entries close on September 30, 2019 with 10 finalists to be selected for a writer’s workshop and a winner emerging at the grand finale. The winner gets N1 million, a publishing deal with Paper Worth Books Limited and the winning play produced by BUAF at MUSON Centre, Lagos. It will also be part of a nationwide University campus performance outreach.
The Beeta Universal Arts Foundation was created to harness the literary prowess of unheard voices in Nigeria.
The first edition of the contest produced Our Son the Minister written by Paul Ugbede and Jagagba by Abdul Qudus-Ibrahim for its second edition. Both plays experienced enormous success prize of 1 million Naira, publishing deal, and live performances.
For this coming competition, an esteemed jury panel made up of award-winning playwright and professor of Theatre, Ahmed Yerima, culture/film journalist and arts Administrator, Shaibu Husseini, veteran Actress and producer, Ego Boyo, theatre producer and writer, Ayo Jaiyesimi, director and actor, Kenneth Uphopho and publisher/bookseller, Ibiso Graham-Douglas, will curate the playwright workshop and decide the final winner of the prize.
For this third edition, BUAF enjoys the partnership once again of Union Bank Plc, with its high-ranking representatives not only recognizing how invaluable the arts is to preserving and showcasing culture and history but also committed to developing talent in the creative industry. Other supporters of the contest include NIMASA, British Council, Olajide & Oyewole LLP.
- Incognosco, Legal Essay Competition By Kurukshetra University
- Legum Auxilium: Online Essay Writing Competition ,NLU Nagpur
- RGNUL Exagium 2016: International Essay Writing Competition
- 3rd KIIT University National Moot Court Competition, 2015
- Essay Competition On Doubling Farmer’s Income By School Of Agricultural Law & Economics, RGNUL: Submit By Nov 30
- Entries Invited For 5th Rostrum Legal Essay Competition
- Call For Entries: Law College Dehradun’s Essay Competition On Constitutional Law
- NLUO: Surana & Surana International Essay Writing Competition on Securities and Competition Law
- 1st Edition of LexTech National Essay Writing Competition 2017
- ConQuaestio 2017: ICFAI Law School’s Constitutional Quiz Competition 2017 Concludes Successfully
- The SEC's New Resource Extraction Issuer Rules - Broad, Vague, Costly, Anti-competitive, and Requiring Immediate Action
- Vidhi Centre For Legal Policy Is Organizing Team-Based Competition On Policy Change: ‘Blockchain Technology’
- Energy and Environmental Law Update - Week of September 2, 2013
- Top International News in Chemical Policy and Regulation- September 2017: European Union
- GNLU-GUJCOST IPR Research Centre -Essay Competition on Intellectual Property Laws
- Market Disruption; When Is Enough Enough; Pay to Play; Money for Mom - Bridging the Week: September 29 to October 3 and 6, 2014 [VIDEO]
- Energy and Environment Law Update - September 16, 2012
- Registration for 2014 Diversity Visa Lottery Closed
- B.M. Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Moot Court Competition – 2017
- Africa Update for September 3, 2015
3rd Beeta Playwright Competition entries close September 30 have 490 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at September 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.