Thua Thien – Hue (VNA) – An exhibition on the Mother Goddess worshipping kicked off at the Hue Culture Museum in the central province of Thua Thien – Hue on August 2.
On display are photos, objects, costumes and musical instruments; the voices and experiences of insiders, which generalize the belief in Hue under a cultural perspective.
It helps visitors get more understanding about traditional values in the diverse and unique spiritual life of people in the ancient capital, contributing to preserving and promoting good values of the belief.
Nguyen Hong Hoa Tranh, Director of the museum, said the Mother Goddess worshipping is one of the indigenous folk beliefs with a long history and adaptation to the changes of the society.
The Mother Goddess worshipping, which was officially recognised by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage of humanity in late 2016, is a traditional practice in Vietnam with a long history, having stood the test of social changes. The belief reflects people’s desire for health, wealth and fortune.
The exhibition will run until November 2.-VNA
- The Legend of Goddess Durga: Know All About The Divine Feminine
- Assam: Kamakhya temple set to open after nearly six-month hiatus
- Navratri Day 4: Goddess Kushamanda, The Fourth Form Of Durga To Be Worshipped Today; Know Significance And Rituals
- Diwali 2021: Keep These Things In Mind Before Buying Idol Of Goddess Lakshmi On Diwali
- Historical relics in Thua Thien Hue re-open
- Karachi-based artist Fiza Khatri puts the spotlight on haircuts, chosen families and transformations in latest exhibition
- Worm mothers secrete a milk-like fluid through their vulva to feed their young - destroying themselves in the process, study finds
- Does the ‘Notorious RBG’ Exhibit Go Beyond Ruth Bader Ginsburg Hero Worship?
- Ambubachi Mela: Lakhs of pilgrims offer prayers to Goddess Kamakhya after temple door reopens
- Mass Shootings at Houses of Worship: Pittsburgh Attack Was Among the Deadliest
- Communist China Appears To Block Online Tiananmen Square Museum, Follows Crackdown On Other Exhibits | The Daily Wire
- Leeum is opening its doors once again with brand new exhibits
- Historical relics in Thừa Thiên Huế re-open
- ‘This Is My Pantheon’: Spike Lee Weighs In on His Academy Museum Exhibit
- Serena Williams is a beach goddess in stunning lace mini dress
- The already great 'Maid' is even better with mother-daughter stars Andie MacDowell and Margaret Qualley
- A Billionaire Is Opening a Private Art Museum in Manhattan
- What Can Open March 1 In Massachusetts
- Religious places in city open doors for devotees
- Jackie Shroff: Tiger Shroff Dreamt of Buying a House for His Mother Since His Debut
Worshipping of Mother Goddess exhibition opens in Hue have 429 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.