Speaking at the event, Vietnamese Ambassador Tran Thanh Cong partly attributed ASEAN’s success to Vietnam’s considerable contributions, including the ASEAN Community Vision 2025.
He said Vietnam has strived to foster ASEAN’s solidarity and role in regional issues, including in the settlement of traditional and non-traditional security challenges as well as arising issues in relationship with partners.
Vietnam has also boosted collaboration in important regional mechanisms and forums initiated by ASEAN in order to reach consensus in the bloc, and between the bloc and partners, for the sake of peace, stability, security, maritime and aviation safety in the East Sea, he said, adding that the country highlighted the need to fully and effectively implement the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea and soon reach a Code of Conduct in the East Sea.
As the ASEAN Chair in 2020, Vietnam is ready to serve as a prestigious, active and responsible member of the grouping, he said.
On the sidelines of the event, Thai Ambassador to Egypt Chainarong Keratiyutwong expressed his belief in Vietnam’s ability when assuming the role of ASEAN Chair next year, saying that Vietnam will do its good job to further enhance regional partnership.-VNA
- ASEAN’s 50th birthday marked worldwide
- ASEAN's 45th anniversary celebrated in Malaysia, Egypt and South Africa
- Vietnam, Egypt hold high-level talks
- ASEAN 45th anniversary celebrated in Malaysia, Egypt, South Africa
- Vietnam,Egypt hold high-level talks
- President Tran Dai Quang holds talks with Egyptian counterpart
- August Revolution and National Day marked overseas News
- GOVERNMENT IN BRIEF 24/12
- Art & Entertainment News Headlines 9/4