|Minister of Public Security To Lam welcomes Deputy Minister of Home Affairs of Myanmar Aung Soe (L)|
At a reception in Hanoi on August 13 for the Myanmar guest, Minister of Public Security To Lam welcomed the latter’s current Vietnam visit while highlighting the practical outcomes in judicial cooperation, fight against trans-national crimes, social security and order protection between the two sides.
Lam suggested maintaining existing cooperation mechanisms and boosting bilateral meetings between units in addition to high-level meetings.
He underlined the need to intensify the sharing of crime information regarding the two nations and regional security, support language training and share experience in combating crimes, effectively work hand in hand at international forums, especially ASEAN and the United Nations, as well as sub-regional mechanisms.
Both sides pledged to accelerate negotiations towards signing a memorandum of understanding on human trafficking prevention and control, deal with non-traditional security issues, especially terrorism and trans-national crimes, environment and water resources security, establish a hotline between relevant units for the effort.
The Myanmar Deputy Minister vowed to elevate relations between the two countries and ministries to a higher level in the time ahead.
A Vietnamese delegation led by Deputy Minister of Public Security Bui Van Nam attended the seventh deputy-ministerial security dialogue the same day.
The two sides pledged to approve future cooperation orientations such as exchanging all-level delegations, sharing information regarding social security and safety, combating drug, terrorism, human trafficking, money laundering and trans-national crimes.
They will speed up the progress of negotiations towards signing agreements in order to create a legal framework for long-term partnership between the two ministries.
The eighth dialogue is set to take place in Myanmar in 2020.
- Agreement signed to promote tourism development in Vietnam, Myanmar
- Red Cross Societies of China, Myanmar to strengthen cooperation
- Vietnam, Germany expand defense cooperation
- India Arms Myanmar to Secure Northeastern Border
- Tunisia hosts conference on enhancing Arab security cooperation
- US, EU to Expand Cyber Security Cooperation at Summit in Washington
- Vietnam a reliable partner of Russia: State Duma Chairman
- International cooperation enhanced to enforce UNCLOS
- Myanmar's Rohingya say 'world will judge' Suu Kyi's denial of genocide
- Vietnam values traditional friendship with Belarus: Top legislator