Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam beat the Philippines 2-1 in the first semi-final match of the ASEAN Football Federation Women’s Championships on August 25 in Thailand.
The team’s first goal was scored by Huynh Nhu at the 41st minute of the match, equalising 1-1 for Vietnam after the Philippines opened the score at the 35th minute.
Into the second half, Vietnam’s Tuyet Dung changed the score into 2-1 at the 57th minutes.
With the result, Vietnam became the first team to have entered the final round of the event.
Host Thailand, who topped Group A, will face Myanmar in the second semi-final match on the same day.
The regional championship sees Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia and Indonesia competing in Group B, while Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Timor Leste and host Thailand in Group A.
The 2019 AFF Women’s Championship is taking place in Thailand from August 15 to 27 August. -VNA
- Purdue Football - Spring 2009
- England Women poised for attendance record after Wembley sell-out
- Will Women's Football Ever Be Massive in England?
- Advanced Level Football Betting
- Scotland Under-19s stars Shore and Ogilvie back for Aberdeen Women’s season finale
- Puma Football Kits Outsell Nike & Adidas at World Cup
- Black football managers join forces in Maracanã to condemn racism in Brazil
- The Season of Football
- The Spread Offense For Youth Football? Not If You Are Coaching Non-Select Kids
- A dog, a cat and 22 fans: watching European football’s worst top-flight team