The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has issued a document on protecting the environment and limiting the use of plastic bags, straws and cups. Illustrative image (Source: internet) The ministry asked the Departments of Culture, Sports and Tourism to implement the document and direct tourist service business establishments, resorts, and sites to take environmental protection measures. They were called to enhance the use of environmentally-friendly products such as straws and cups made of organic materials or usable for many times while limiting the use of products hard to decompose, thus minimising plastic waste. Most recently, the tourism sector launched the “Go Green” campaign to raise public awareness of the environmental protection, especially among businesses and workers in the field. According to the Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index of the World Economic Forum, Vietnam is ranking 129th among the 136 countries in terms of environmental sustainability. To improve the situation, the tourism industry has built a set of criteria for the application of tourism sustainable label “Green Lotus” for accommodation establishments in Vietnam. It also focused on inspecting the observance of regulations on tourism environmental protection and raising public awareness of the issue. In 2019, the tourism sector aims to… Read full this story
- Iran Ranks 2nd Worldwide in Terms of Growth in Tourism Sector
- Reduce single-use plastics by charging consumers a recycling fee up front
- Will Walmart’s changes to reduce plastic waste catch on?
- Trader Joe’s customers (91,000 of them) petition store to reduce plastic packaging
- Private sector workers can begin using mandated sick time
- Report: Maine must do more to prevent, reduce tobacco use
- Onondaga County to use $2M state grant to prevent, reduce tobacco use in three counties
- Letter to the editor: We must reduce our use of fossil fuels
- With goal of reducing opioid use, Medicaid coverage of chiropractic care proposed
- Turtle found dead after eating more than 100 pieces of plastic
Tourism sector strives to reduce plastic use have 326 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 20, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.