The Hanoitimes – A section of 28km of Co Co riverbank will become ecotourism destinations with urban resort models, attractive entertainment zones and shopping areas. Direct flights help Danang tourism fly high Authorities of Danang and Quang Nam have agreed to dredge and stretch the Co Co river by the end of September 2020 to establish a water connection between Danang and Hoi An. Some stops and entertainment facilities, meant to maximize the river tourism potential, will be built along its banks, VnExpress reported. Illustrative photo. Quang Nam province plans to invest some VND1 trillion (US$43.2 million) to link the river with other popular attractions in the region namely Hoi An Ancient Town, Ngu Hanh Son (The Marble Mountains), lower section of the Han river and Son Tra Peninsula, among others. According to the plan, a section of 28km of the riverbank will become ecotourism destinations with urban resort models, attractive entertainment zones and shopping areas. Centuries ago, the Co Co river was considered by Japanese and Chinese merchants a silk waterway, a trading route between Da Nang city (Tourane in the old times) and Hoian (Faifo). Some economists stressed that the river is a significant navigation route, which… Read full this story
- Danang: No discrimination against 'cheap tours'
- Central region introduces priority tourism investment wish-list
- Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary's rubbish problem spurs volunteers into action
- Port River dredging to go ahead despite environmental concerns
- Vietnam tourism brand could revel in world-class cultural festivals
- Sand extraction from rivers in CRZ area coming to an end
- Handover 'has spurred trade and cultural ties'
- Vietnam's central coastal region to collaborate on tourism development
- HCMC, Mekong Delta localities cut deal to rev up tourism cooperation
- Phu Yen up for high-quality tourism
To-be-dredged Co Co River to spur Danang tourism have 296 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.