Over the past years, the two ministries have worked closely together and achieved important and practical results in judicial cooperation, fight against trans-national crimes, social security and order protection.
In order to propel bilateral ties forward, Minister Lam suggested that both sides should maintain existing cooperation mechanisms, promote bilateral meetings between their units on the sidelines of high-level meetings.
He requested enhancing the sharing of crime information regarding the two countries and region’s security, supporting language training and sharing experience in combating crimes, effectively working closely together at international forums, especially ASEAN and the United Nations, as well as sub-regional mechanisms.
The two sides will step up negotiations towards signing a memorandum of understanding on human trafficking prevention and control, deal with non-traditional security issues, especially terrorism and trans-national crimes, environment and water resources security, establish a hotline between the two countries’ relevant units for the effort.
The Myanmar guest vowed to lift ties between the two countries and ministries to a greater height.
The same day, the seventh deputy-ministerial security dialogue was held. The Vietnamese delegation was led by Deputy Minister of Public Security Bui Van Nam.
Both sides pledged to adopt future cooperation orientations such as exchange of all-level delegations, sharing of information regarding social security and safety; fight against drug, terrorism, human trafficking, money laundering and trans-national crimes.
They will accelerate the progress of negotiations towards signing agreements, thus creating legal framework for long-term ties between the two ministries.
The eighth dialogue will take place in Myanmar in 2020.-VNA
- Myanmar Rohingya: Suu Kyi accused of 'silence' in genocide trial
- Death truck driver, 25, is charged with 39 COUNTS of manslaughter over Essex migrant tragedy - after officers make FIFTH arrest and sniffer dogs scour £400k Cheshire home of haulage boss and wife
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi's defense of army puzzles former admirers
- Koha Shed owner recovering after assault outside her Timaru home
- Inferno from hell: Boy, 12, survives raging bushfire that spread to his home by driving through a burning paddock as hundreds of residents are evacuated overnight and mega blaze continues to burn
- Pakistan's prime minister announces new army chief as spymaster retires
- Journo’s molestation on PU campus: Panel formed to probe security lapses
- Deputy defence minister welcomes new US defence attaché
- US Troops Arrive in Guatemala to Boost Border Security - Minister
- UK Armed Forces Minister Welcomes Liberation of Syrian Manbij From Daesh