The main decision-making body of the Communist Party of Vietnam has ordered government bodies to be selective in licensing FDI, focusing on quality, efficiency, advanced technologies, and environmental friendliness. The resolution also requires foreign-invested projects to have advanced management, high value addition and links with the global supply chain. The number of foreign firms which use advanced technology and management and are environment-friendly needs to rise by 50 percent between 2018 and 2025 and double by 2030, it said. The government needs to keep out small investments and prevent transfer pricing fraud, it said. The Politburo targets FDI of $30-40 billion a year in 2021-25 and $40-50 billion a year in 2026-30, and disbursement rates of at least 66 percent and 75 percent respectively. The rate of use of local components needs to rise from the current 20-25 percent to 30 percent by 2025 and 40 percent by 2030, the resolution said. FDI pledges for new projects, increased capital and stake acquisitions in Vietnam downed 11.9 percent year-on-year to $20.22 billion in the first 7 months of this year, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment. Estimated FDI disbursement for 7 months was $10.55 billion, up 7.1 percent year-on-year. Vietnam… Read full this story
- Pavlopoulos: NATO, EU Integration only After Name Issue Resolution
- Vietnam Politburo requests foreign investments to ensure national security
- Politburo member receives delegates to Industry 4.0 Summit
- UN Committee Votes Against Russia’s Resolution on INF Treaty
- Unresolved Brexit issues; Italy faces sanctions
- All Issues Pertaining to Serviceability of MiG-29K Sorted Out
- Hardware Issues Make Google Pixel Phones Feel Like Expensive Beta Products
- 'I was charged more than €900 for scuff marks on wheels'- Expats renting cars on trips home warn of 'insurance issues'
- Implementing resolutions, conclusions and regulations of PCC’s eighth plenum in a drastic and effective fashion
- New resolution hoped to facilitate foreign investment attraction
Politburo issues first resolution on FDI have 306 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.