The working session between the administration of Ninh Thuan and the delegation of the National Assembly’s Committee for External Relations on August 9 (Photo: VNA) Ninh Thuan (VNA) – Many projects on climate change response carried out with the support of international organisations in the southern central province of Ninh Thuan have generated positive outcomes, according to local authorities. The provincial People’s Committee had a working session on August 9 with a delegation of the National Assembly (NA)’s Committee for External Relations who came to examine Ninh Thuan’s implementation of international treaties on climate change response to which Vietnam is a party. Local officials reported over the past years, climate change has resulted in extreme weather conditions in Ninh Thuan as seen in the increase of heat waves, droughts and flooding. Under the impacts of continuous droughts, it suffered from losses of about 165 billion VND (7.1 million USD) in 2004 and 2005, and nearly 1.35 trillion VND (58 million USD) between 2014 and 2016. Meanwhile, flooding caused 300 billion VND in damage (13 million USD) in 2018. Vice Chairman of the People’s Committee Tran Quoc Nam said since 2009, the province has took part in six international agreements on climate change… Read full this story
- Belgian-funded climate change response project inaugurated in Ninh Thuan province
- Vietnam urged to adjust support program for climate change response
- ASEM calls for joint efforts to respond to climate change
- Exhibition showcases farm produce of climate change-affected areas
- The Republicans who care about climate change: 'They are done with the denial'
- Republican Attacks 'Naive' Young Voter for Asking About Climate Change
- Climate change affects farmers in northeast
- UK's climate change adaptation team cut from 38 officials to just six
- Ryan Zinke Has Taken His Rambling, Confused Thoughts on Climate Change and Wildfires All Over the Country
- Amazon Accelerates Efforts to Fight Climate Change
Ninh Thuan applauded for climate change response efforts have 309 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.