The Hanoitimes – There was more than enough evidence showing that the UK and Gibraltar had acted in deliberate violations of international law only in order to appease the US. Despite the US’s request and pressure to extend the detention of Iran’s supertanker Grace 1, the British government and that of Gibraltar decided to release it. Gibraltarian authorities also rejected a US warrant to seize the tanker. Iran’s supertanker Grace 1 In early July, British Royal Marines arrested this Iranian vessel off the coast of Gibraltar on suspicion that it breached the EU’s sanctions on Syria. Some days later, Iranian forces seized the British tanker Stena Impero in the Persian Gulf in retaliation. And the standoff between Iran and the UK escalated. At first, the UK seized the tanker Grace 1 at the US’s request then the UK and Gibraltar freed it despite the US objection, including claim that this tanker has links with the Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps which the US considers a terrorist force. And despite the fact, too, that the British tanker Stena Impero is still held captive in Iran. It is no secret that the UK has been until now a very close ally… Read full this story
- Israel places new limitations on cargo entering Gaza
- Offense comes too late to offset another erratic outing by Liriano
- How Kerala damaged its reputation and national conversation around calamities with petulant behaviour
- Japan Quake Kills 7, Rescuers Rush North Amid Damage
- Michael Growing Stronger; Big Cool-Down For Alabama Late This Week
- Cuomo Seeks To Limit Mug Shot Releases To Thwart 'Internet Shaming Industry'
- Exercising Woman Really Starting To Feel The Burn Of Lifelong Injury Developing
- Trump dials back Mexico border threat as industry warns of fallout
- PS4 vs. Xbox One: The Comparison We Had To Make
- Inside the Rainbow Gulag: The Technicolor Rise and Fall of Lisa Frank
Limit damages before it’s too late have 323 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.