After the meeting, the prime minister asked the Ministry of Internal Affairs to instruct Kien Giang Province to build a report on the proposal for the submission to the Politburo in the third quarter of this year.
Phu Quoc Island District
Once approved, Phu Quoc will be Vietnam’s first island city.
In terms of Phu Quoc International Airport’s terminal expansion, the government leader urged the province to draft an investment report for consideration.
Meanwhile, the provincial people’s committee has been assigned to make a list of households which are living within Phu Quoc National Park as well as those using land within the area. In case of violations detected, authorities will work with the ministries of Natural Resources and Environment and Agriculture and Rural Development for resettlement.
At present, Phu Quoc Island District is attracting large amounts of investment and tourism development.
Earlier, the Ministry of Construction has advocated Kien Giang’s recommendation to put a major plan to turn Phu Quoc Island into a special economic zone on hold, saying that this was not appropriate at present and is not in line with the prevailing regulations on planning.
- Local investment group wants to buy Phu Quoc Airport
- Sea dike erosion worsens in Kien Giang
- Kien Giang family calls for help for ill daughter
- Kien Giang to offer vocational training to 10,800 labourers
- Phu Quoc police capture man suspected of raping, robbing 9-yo lottery ticket seller
- Kien Giang expands shrimp-rice farming area
- Kien Giang to spend VND1.48 trillion coping with sea level rise
- Kien Giang sees export surge in Q1
- Large haul of smuggled cigarettes seized in An Giang province
- Adjustments proposed for HCM City’s metro line projects