New general manager of InterContinental Long Beach Resort, Oliver Horn. — VNA/VNS Photo
The InterContinental Phu Quoc Long Beach Resort has appointed Oliver Horn as general manager of the 459-room and -suite resort on Viet Nams idyllic tropical island of Phu Quoc.
A German native, Horns career in hospitality has spanned 30 years during which time he has become well-known in the industry as an international business leader with passion and dedication.
His love for hospitality was kindled at an early age largely due to growing up in a boutique hotel in Bavaria in his native country owned by his parents.
He began his career with InterContinental Hotels & Resorts as an apprentice at InterContinental Cologne, and his first full time job was as an assistant chief steward, logistics. Both inside and outside of the hotel are his favourite areas of focus.
Olivers impressive career has seen him hold positions at many prestigious international properties such as banqueting manager at the Metropole Hotel Moscow, assistant food & beverages manager at the InterContinental London Park Lane, food & beverages manager at the InterContinental London Park Lane, executive assistant manager in charge of food & beverages at the InterContinental Warsaw, and resident manager at the InterContinental Vienna in Austria.
His first role as hotel manager was with Grand and COEX InterContinental Seoul where he looked after the day-to-day operation of these two high-volume hotels.
Olivers appointment as GM of InterContinental Phu Quoc Long Beach resort marks a return to the brand that he worked for most of his life.
To him, the most important part of his work is “providing our colleagues with an environment where they can be at their best when they look after our guests – to me that is the InterContinental brand – and I am thrilled to be back with this wonderful brand.” — VNS
- InterContinental Phu Quoc Long Beach Resort offers clients meeting services
- Taste of Lava’s Prix Fixe menu at InterContinental Phu Quoc
- InterContinental Phu Quoc wins World Travel Awards 2019
- Intercontinental Phu Quoc complex to hit the market on April 22
- InterContinental Asiana Saigon gets new GM
- Sofitel Metropole Hanoi gets new GM
- Beach towns get new air routes
- Sun Group’s 5-star ++ resort in Phu Quoc named Asia’s Leading New Resort
- Phu Quoc urged to stop approving new tourism plans