However, the minister did not unveil the exact site where the new capital city will be located. Sofyan’s remarks came after Indonesian President Joko Widodo last week formally proposed to parliament moving the capital from Jakarta. The government has 3,000-hectare (7,413 acres) of land in the province for the first stage of development, Djalil told media. Indonesia’s new capital would be designed as a sustainable smart city, which has an efficient public transport network as well as green electricity and water supply systems. According to local media, Bukit Soeharto area or Samboja town may be chosen as the new administrative centre. Construction of the new capital city was estimated to require some US$33 billion, including the building of new government offices and accommodations for about 1.5 million civil servants. The National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas) said the relocation plan may begin in 2024. Jakarta is the largest city of Indonesia with a 9.6 million population, but its urban area accommodates up to nearly 30 million people. Traffic congestion is costing its economy $7.04 billion each year. It is also prone to flooding due to low-lying location. The metropolitan region is sinking up to 18cm per year. Its road coverage is… Read full this story
- Pininfarina restructures its debts, gets infusion of new capital
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS Confirmed For New York Auto Show Debut Next Week
- Norway Prime Minister 'confirms' Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as new Manchester United manager
- RPT-Iran parliament approves new economy minister ahead of new U.S....
- Nissan to build Infiniti vehicles in China as early as 2012, to also locate new global headquarters in Hong Kong
- MG confirms two new models
- Vauxhall Cascada name confirmed for new drop-top
- 2015 Kia Sedona Confirmed for New York Auto Show
- Clarkson, Hammond and May confirmed for new show!
- Tan Chong confirms five new Nissan models for 2014
Indonesian minister confirms location of new capital have 313 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at August 23, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.