Do Viet Thang, Deputy Director of the IT and cyber security monitoring centre under the Government’s Information Security Commission, speaks at the workshop in Hanoi on August 14 (Photo: ictvietnam.vn) Hanoi (VNA) – The latest cyber security solutions were shared at a workshop in Hanoi on August 14, amid the growing number of cyber attacks targeting Vietnam recently. According to the Government’s Information Security Commission, Vietnam was among the 10 countries suffering from the most Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks in the first half of 2019. It was also one of the 10 countries with the biggest number of botnets in the first quarter, while ranking fourth in the world in terms of the sources of junk mails and phishing attacks via e-mails. In the first six months, hackers mainly targeted loopholes of apps (over 224,000 attacks) and access control systems (over 176,000 attacks). Do Viet Thang, Deputy Director of the IT and cyber security monitoring centre under the Government’s commission, said one of the main causes of the high cyber insecurity in Vietnam is that patches for information security loopholes are not updated to avoid virus attacks. Additionally, that users use tools to crack copyrighted softwares and continually update… Read full this story
- US cyber security firm Cynash the latest to set up in Belfast
- 7 cyber security predictions for 2018
- 6 Tips for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Queen's creates 10 new jobs in cyber security industry
- Queen's University creates 10 new jobs in cyber security industry
- What every SME needs to know about hackers and cyber-security
- Pakistan ranked among least cyber secure countries
- Silicon Valley wary of U.S. push for cyber security info sharing
- Leading US cyber security firm forecasts 20% growth a year in Belfast
- What's the key to surviving as a cyber-security start-up?
Hanoi workshop shares cyber security solutions have 303 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.