Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital in Hanoi has successfully conducted 15 organ transplants this month to save people on the verge of death. This was a record for Vietnam. The hospital on Tuesday held a press conference on the achievement. Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital in Hanoi successfully conducted 15 organ transplants this month According to Prof. Dr. Tran Binh Giang, director of the hospital, between August 12 and 18, the hospital carried out 15 organ transplants for 16 patients with the participation of more than doctors and medical staff. On August 12, the hospital succeeded in the second lung transplant from a brain-dead donor for a 38-year-old man who has been living with lung problems since being small. Six days after the 15-hour surgery, the patient has seen heath improvements with normal indexes of lung, heart and kidney. On August 12-18, the hospital also conducted six organ transplants for five patients at the same time. All of the five patients’ have improved. In Vietnam, around 16,000 patients need organ transplants related to heart, kidney, liver and lung. Meanwhile, 6,000 people are waiting for cornea transplants.
- Hanoi, Moscow to organize cultural festival
- Tesla announces deliveries of record number of 97,000 cars in Q3
- Morrissey announces new album, record label
- First split liver transplant successfully performed in Hanoi
- Patients get on well with organs from brain dead donor
- Hue hospital, RoK’s medical centre cooperate in liver transplant
- 'Healthy' teen athlete, 17, has double lung transplant after vaping e-cigarettes
- China May Be Concealing Organ Harvesting Through Fake Donation Data, Scientists Report
- Successful lung transplant from brain dead donor announced
- Michigan teen who vaped received double lung transplant
Hanoi hospital announces organ transplant record have 273 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.