Hanoi (VNA) – Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam has called for stronger efforts from the domestic IT enterprise community to promote digital transformation in Vietnams.
In his speech at the Vietnam ICT Summit 2019 themed "Digital transformation for a prosperous Vietnam" in Hanoi on August 8, Deputy PM Dam stressed the importance to create breakthroughs and think out of the box in order to fully tap opportunities for the process.
He affirmed that the summit offers a good chance for IT firms and relevant agencies to set big and overall targets and specific and practical actions to bolster digitalisation .
According to Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Manh Hung, in the digital transformation process, Vietnam will focus on developing four types of businesses, including those with great financial capacity, market and human resources, experienced businesses and technology and innovation start-up enterprises.
Under the country's national digital transformation scheme, Vietnam aims to become one of the top four in ASEAN and the top 40 of the world in terms of the global competitiveness index.
To accelerate the process, IT firms need to start building digital platforms to connect organisations, enterprises, and households.
The Vietnam ICT Summit 2019 witnessed the formation of the Vietnam Digital Transformation Alliance with the participation of eight leading technological firms in Vietnam, which will invest in developing infrastructure and digital transformation platforms.
The alliance is expected to be joined by more enterprises in the coming time.
Vietnam ICT Summit 2019 was jointly organised by the Ministry of Information and Communications and the Vietnam Software & IT Services Association (VINASA).
In the framework of the summit, an exhibition featuring solutions to digital transformation and activities to connect enterprises operating in the field were arranged.-VNA
- Deputy PM asks for strengthened support for collective economic development
- Making Vietnam strong in information and communication: Deputy PM
- Deputy PM: Viet Nam-China ties to be constantly developed
- Deputy PM: Companies to Earn More Profit with Investment in VN
- Quang Ninh asked to accelerate administrative reform
- Laos, Vietnam should accelerate investment projects
- ASEAN needs a common voice, says PM
- PM praises MoIT as leader in cutting regulations
- New Greek PM pledges bailout pact ratification by year end
- Islamist and ex-PM vie for mantle of Egypt's revolt
- Ukraine protesters dig in heels, PM condemns 'signs of coup'
- Protesters pour blood at Thai PM's residence
- Social News 22/9
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 23/10
- Social News Headlines 24/2
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 31/5
- Political News Headlines 19/2
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 19/1
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 22/1
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 22/9
Deputy PM urges thinking outside box to accelerate digital transition have 413 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 8, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.