A stretch of the western dyke system is temporarily reinforced in Tran Van Thoi district of Ca Mau province (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The southernmost province of Ca Mau is prompting actions in response to the serious erosion along the dyke system in its western sea area. Local authorities reported that there have been 21 erosion sites along 30,260 metres of the western sea dyke system in U Minh and Tran Van Thoi districts. It is worrying that in early August, due to torrential rains and big waves following Storm Wipha, sea water spilled over dykes, leading to even more severe erosion along the local western coast that may cause dyke breaching at any time. In that case, about 26,160 households and 90,000ha of farmland could be directly affected, authorities said. Facing this fact, the Ca Mau People’s Committee has declared a state of emergency due to erosion along the western dyke system so as to mobilise every resource for dyke reinforcement. The province is also speeding up dyke construction projects to improve the capacity of the local dyke system. -VNA
- Stop All That Doing! (Take An Action Vacation)
- Point Your Window Washing Business Towards Success and Profits by Taking Massive Action!
- How To Get Clients To Take Immediate Action
- How to Take Effective Action to Generate New Business in 3 Easy Steps
- How To Take Fast Action Shots In Low Light
- Successful Leaders Take Decisive Action In Order To Maintain Standards Of Behaviour
- Taking Legal Actions In Dealing With Noisy Neighbors
- Please Take Your Action of Running
- Whiplash Compensation Claim - Take These Actions
- Preseli Venture Helps Companies Take Positive Action on Mental Health
Ca Mau takes prompt actions against dyke erosion have 285 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 20, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.