Five other Vietnamese firms in Forbes Asia’s latest listing of 200 top-performing Asia-Pacific listed companies with revenues of above $1 billion include food giant Masan Group; electronics retail giant Mobile World; Vietnam’s biggest brewer Sabeco; the country’s biggest dairy company Vinamilk, and Techcombank, one of the nation’s biggest private banks by assets.
The country’s biggest private conglomerate Vingroup topped the list of Vietnamese names in terms of market value, at $17 billion. It was followed by Vinamilk and Sabeco, with $9.07 billion and $7.73 billion respectively, Forbes Asia said.
Vingroup ranked first in top 3 in terms of sales, at $5.3 billion, followed by Mobile World at $3.79 billion, and VietjetAir at $2.33 billion. Vietjet Air has surpassed flag carrier Vietnam Airlines to become the country’s biggest airline with 46 percent share of the country’s rapidly expanding air travel market, Forbes Asia said.
Top in 2018 net profits were Vinamilk, Techcombank, and Vietjet, with $444 million, $368 million, and $232 million respectively.
The seven companies emerged from a candidate pool of 3,200 listed companies in the Asia-Pacific region with $1 billion or more in revenue in their latest financial year.
Other global names featured in the list included China’s multinational e-commerce conglomerate Alibaba, South Korean multinational conglomerate SK Group, and Chinese multinational investment corporation Tencent, each being included in the list’s top 3 in terms of market value, revenue or profit.
The Best Over A Billion list is based on metrics such as profitability, revenue, debt to equity ratios, projected growth in the next one or two years, connections to Forbes Asia’s rich individuals lists, and some other five-year business performance metrics, Forbes Asia said.
- Masan Group named on Forbes Asia’s 200 Best 2019
- Seven Vietnamese firms among Forbes Asia’s 200 Best Over A Billion list
- Vinamilk makes it to Forbes Asia’s Best Over A Billion list
- 10 VN companies in Asia's 200 best companies with sales under $1bil.
- VN businesswomen in Forbes' Asia top 50 list
- Vietnamese businesswomen in Forbes' Asia top 50 list
- 10 Vietnamese businesses listed among Asia's best
- Four Vietnamese among Forbes 30 under 30 Asia 2017 list
- Kieu moves up Forbes Billionaires List