Local people living along Tam Bac River, Hai Phong City were panicked after finding a 100-kilo bomb on the riverbed after the water level dropped. 100-kilo bomb found in a river bed in Hai Phong City The authorities in Hai Phong announced on August 19 that a fisherman found the bomb the previous day in the Tam Bac River, at a section that runs through Ha Ly Ward. The bomb is a metre long and weighs over 100kg. The local people have quickly reported the case to the authorities. The police in Ha Ly Ward sealed off the scene to ensure public safety. According to the residents that live nearby, they didn’t see the bomb when the water level is high. However, the recent heatwave saw the water level fall. On August 19, Hong Bang District authorities announced that the bomb had been excavated and would be transferred to a safe area.
- Hai Phong: Infrastructure all set but few firms ready for e-business
- Japanese enterprises key to Hai Phong economic growth
- Number of visitors to Hai Phong in 2019 surges 16 percent
- Hai Phong Port receives first cargo code of 2020
- Fireworks to light up the skies above Hai Phong for Lunar New Year’s Eve
- Deputy PM: Hai Phong needs to exploit potential for further development
- Hai Phong customs seize two tons of ivory, pangolin scales trafficked from Nigeria
- Lao man sentenced to death for smuggling 10 kilos of drugs to Vietnam
- Four men arrested in northern Vietnam trafficking 33 kilos of drugs
- Somalia: Car bomb leaves over 20 dead in Mogadishu
100-kilo bomb found in Hai Phong have 268 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.