ULAN BATOR, July 31 (Xinhua) — The World Bank approved 100 million U.S. dollars in financing to help Mongolia further stabilize its economy and move it towards a more sustainable development path, the bank said in a statement Wednesday.
The money will be earmarked for the implementation of the Second Economic Management Support Operation (EMSO 2) which follows on EMSO 1 approved in November 2017, and supports policy reforms aimed at restoring debt sustainability, strengthening the social protection system and enhancing competitiveness, the bank said.
Mongolia’s economy has recovered strongly from the brink of a macroeconomic crisis in 2016, but underlying vulnerabilities remain.
The EMSO series is part of a broader, coordinated effort by development partners to support the Mongolian government’s medium-term economic recovery program.
- World Bank approves Rs 630 crore loan to Assam Inland Water Transport
- Palestine to invest 100 mln USD in alternative energy sources: PM
- Poland Economic Growth Expected to Accelerate in 2017 - World Bank
- CORRECTED-INTERVIEW-World Bank to invest $340 million in 2020 to boost Serbia's growth
- Egypt, World Bank Group cooperation portfolio totals 8 bln USD: PM
- World Bank grants Morocco 275-mln-USD loan to fight natural disasters
- World Bank forecasts Myanmar's economy to grow 6.4 pct in FY 2019-20
- World Bank finances 450,000 small projects in Egypt: minister
- African Export-Import Bank to commit 500 mln USD to creative industries
- SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar optimistic on Yes Bank’s survival; offers moral support
- HCM City calls for WB’s support to build int’l financial centre
- State Bank of Vietnam gains top ranking in PAR
- Working groups thrash out solutions for economic growth
- BRICS bank to issue bonds
- China's one-child policy's human cost fuels calls for reform
- Facing economic crisis, Lebanon's government weighs options
- Social entrepreneurs meet at World Economic Forum in Davos
- The doomsday vault: the seeds that could save a post-apocalyptic world
- Michael Patra Appointed as New Deputy Governor at Reserve Bank of India
- Government approves Rs 5,369 crore waterway project on National Waterway-1
World Bank approves 100 mln USD to support Mongolia's economic reforms have 300 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 31, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.