Earlier, at 11:00 on July 8, 27-year-old fisherman Qin Zhi Cai from Yanang village, Xichang town, Hepu district, Beihai city, Guangxi province, went adrift in the sea, about 5 nautical miles west of the Vietnam-China maritime boundary delimitation in the Gulf of Tonkin.
|Fisherman Qin Zhi Cai (center, right) handed over to Co To Border Post|
Ship 786 (Flotilla 4 of the Naval Region 1) while patrolling near the scene detected the man and immediately rescued him.
At 20:00 on July 9, the Vietnamese naval ship handed over the Chinese fisherman to the Co To Border Post. The post is working with relevant organizations on the procedures to return the Chinese fisherman to China.
Translated by Khanh Ngan
- Internship Programme: Pakistan Post receives thousands of applications
- Vietnamese businesses reap fruits in foreign markets
- Police raid contractors' homes in Australia Post fraud investigation, foreign student scam; three charged
- Militants attack Tajik border post, 17 killed: security officials
- Robbie Williams trolls Justin Bieber as he tells fans he'll release a Christmas album if his Instagram post receives 20 likes... after US star asked for 20 million likes to drop his new music
- Vietnam, Cambodia sign documents finalizing border demarcation
- More open policies to attract foreign capital into Vietnam’s securities market
- China trying to etch nine-dash line in Vietnamese minds
- Gov’t urged to help local banks lure foreign capital
- Vietnamese singer’s new song comes under suspicion of plagiarism