Bui Yen Ly (red) in the women’s 51 kg category final of the World Muay Thai Championship on July 28, 2019. Photo acquired by VnExpress. Huynh Ha Huu Hieu and Bui Yen Ly won gold medals for Vietnam at the recently concluded World Muay Thai Championships in Thailand. In the 45 kg category, Hieu, 20, beat Filipina Rudzna Abubakar 29-28 in the final with a knock out, despite being smaller than her opponent. She chose a quick pressing strategy and used her elbows and knees as the main weapons to win her first ever world championship gold. In the 51 kg category, Ly, 24, defeated Ekaterina Gurina 30-27. Her Russian opponent attacked relentlessly but Ly defended solidly and responded with accurate counters with her right foot. She also used clinches to lock her opponent, preventing her from throwing punches. She won all three rounds on points. Ly is Vietnam’s biggest hope in muay Thai in international competitions. She has won four golds in world championships, one in the SEA Games, one in ASEAN Indoor Games, and two in ASEAN Beach Games. The 2019 World Muay Thai Championship took place in Bangkok from July 18-28, and attracted top fighters. It consisted… Read full this story
- Heats Set Fields For World Short Track Championship
- Argentine police find fake gold World Cup trophies packed with COCAINE in Buenos Aires
- Do the US need to win the World Cup to secure their fight for equal pay?
- Tom Brady Says He HATES the Dodgers, Red Sox Will Win the World Series!
- Simone Biles Proves She's the Best, Wins Gold in Individual All-Around in Rio
- Brett Moffitt wins Camping World Truck title
- The 2018 World Wypipo Tournament Championship: The Good Hair vs. the Tortoise
- France Wins 2nd World Cup Title, Beats Croatia 4-2
- Detroit Tigers have 250-1 odds to win 2019 World Series
- Sergi & Miller Take Wins During World Series Kickoff
Vietnam win two golds at World Muay Thai Championships have 322 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.