Their combined score put the national team in seventh position among 110 countries and territories participating in the competition, which was held in the U.K. this year, the Ministry of Education and Training said on Saturday.
Nguyen Nguyen from the High School for the Gifted under Vietnam National University in Ho Chi Minh City and Nguyen Thuan Hung from Tran Phu High School for the Gifted in the northern city of Hai Phong won gold medals.
The silver medal winners are Vuong Tung Duong from the northern Vinh Phuc Province, Vu Duc Vinh from the central Nghe An Province, and Phan Minh Duc and Nguyen Kha Nhat Long from Hanoi.
This year’s 10-day contest, which will officially wrap up on Monday, saw China come first, followed by the U.S., South Korea, North Korea, Thailand and Russia.
Vietnam has been taking part in the math Olympiad since 1974. Last year, it won one gold, two silvers and three bronze medals, ranking 20th out of 116 countries and territories.
Recently, all five members of the Vietnamese team won medals at the International Physics Olympiad held in Israel – three golds and two silvers.
A 2018 World Bank report said Vietnamese students are among the best academic performers in developing East Asian economies and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Seven Brits test positive for coronavirus in Vietnam after sharing a plane with a wealthy globe-trotting super-spreader who attended Gucci and Saint Laurent fashion shows in Milan and Paris
- Vietnam tags 110 new Covid-19 suspects in one day
- Vietnam to spend $286 mln fencing illegal crossing
- South Korea sends emergency response teams to assist citizens in Vietnam
- Vietnam confirms 35th case of COVID-19
- South Korea hopes Vietnam will not quarantine Samsung experts
- Vietnam’s World Cup qualifier to be postponed due to Covid-19
- ILA Vietnam - the power of education: When you start with your heart
- Novel coronavirus lockdown rekindles community spirit in Vietnam
- Vietnam's Viral Coronavirus PSA Sparked a TikTok Dance Challenge & These Are 10 of the Best Videos
- Queen reaches remarkable milestone as she becomes the FOURTH longest-serving monarch, surpassing 7th century Mayan ruler Pakal the Great
- CDC Splits With China on Coronavirus Spread as Possible U.S. Cases Hit 110
- Teams fly to Vietnam to help Koreans in quarantine
- Vietnam suspends visa-free travel for 8 European countries over COVID-19
- 2020 Cowboys contract talks: Length of deal remains holdup on Dak Prescott, team renews offer to Amari Cooper
- Bahrain and Vietnam F1 Grands Prix CANCELLED due to coronavirus as F1 chiefs scrap first four races of season
- Coronavirus and sports: World sport's schedule comes to grinding halt
- Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep Team with Steven Spielberg for The Post
- Encarnacion to Mariners, Santana to Indians in 3-team trade
- India reports 31 coronavirus cases, all international passengers to be screened
Vietnam come 7th among 110 teams at International Mathematics Olympiad have 441 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 20, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.