Phnom Penh (VNA) – Deputy Minister of Defence, Sen. Lt. Gen. Nguyen Chi Vinh on July 23 suggested Cambodia’s Ministry of Defence direct its military units to effectively implement annual protocols, cooperation plans and agreements signed between the two countries’ high-ranking officials and defence ministries.
In a meeting with Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Gen. Tea Banh in Phnom Penh, Vinh conveyed regards of Vietnamese Defence Minister Ngo Xuan Lich to the host and briefed him on the results of the Vietnam-Cambodia Defence Policy Dialogue at the deputy ministerial level.
For his part, Tea Banh highlighted the significance of the dialogue in the context of complicated development of regional and global security.
He thanked the Vietnamese Defence Ministry for its organization of activities to mark 42 years of “the path to overthrow the Pol Pot genocidal regime” of Cambodia in Binh Phuoc province.
He asked the two sides to further enhance cooperation, towards deepening defence relations between the two countries.
Earlier, the 4th Vietnam-Cambodia Defence Policy Dialogue at the deputy ministerial level took place in Phnom Penh under the co-chairmanship of Vinh and Gen. Neang Phat, Secretary of State at the Cambodian Defence Ministry.
The two sides discussed international and regional security and political situation, cooperation of the ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting (ADMM) and ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting Plus (ADMM ), and reviewed defence cooperation between the two countries as well as proposed measures to expand the ties in the coming time.
Vietnam and Cambodia agreed on the common perception of strategic issues affecting the security and politics of the two countries, and affirmed that the two sides should strengthen bilateral defense relations, as well as maintain and promote their comprehensive friendship and cooperation.
The two sides agreed to strengthen coordination in effectively implementing the contents of the annual Protocol and Cooperation Plan, with a focus on promoting security and political cooperation in the military, countering destructive allegations of hostile forces on social networks.
They will upgrade the border defence exchange mechanism into the defence ministry level, and continue their coordination in preserving friendship monuments, and well cooperate in organising border rescue exercises and border friendship exchanges between their border guard forces.
Both sides agreed that the defence policy dialogue mechanism is an important channel to build a common perception of regional security issues, and to build defence cooperation orientations between the two nations./.
- India Looking to 'Explore New Avenues of Defence Cooperation' with Thailand
- Ukraine, Turkey discuss prospects of deepening defense cooperation at LIMA 2019
- In deep in Indochina: Cambodia's remarkable new hideaway resorts revealed
- Commission pursues 'bilateral and multilateral cooperation' with China as MEPs express deep concern
- Turkey, EU should cooperate more, not less
- Partial political agreement reached for European Defence Fund
- €13Bln EU Defence Fund: A Routine Move or Step Toward Creating European Army?
- Stealing another girl’s man is the ultimate taboo – so why ARE so many women rooting for Bradley Cooper to get it on with Lady Gaga?
- The Brexiters' rearguard defence against Article 50 extension has fallen apart
- Turkey says it will look to Russia if US won't sell F-35s
- The Vietnam model for North Korea
- Voluntourism's Dark Side: The Scam of Fake Orphanages in Cambodia
- No deal Brexit ruled out by MPs in all circumstances as chaos deepens
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by The Boeing Company: Shifting sands — The final movement — Kim in Vietnam
- Dobrich mayor: Local businesses deepen cooperation and look at markets in Kazakhstan
- Trump-Kim summit: Second round of talks in Vietnam wrapping up sooner than expected
- Armenian PM, PACE President discuss prospects of deepening cooperation
- Armenia has the political will to deepen partnership with EU – Pashinyan, Tusk issue joint statement for media
- Brexit vote latest news: MPs rule out 'no-deal' by majority of just four votes as Brexit uncertainty deepens further
- President Erdoğan, Putin look to boost Turkey-Russia cooperation at Moscow meeting
Vietnam, Cambodia look to deepen defence cooperation have 651 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 23, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.