Top female Vietnamese swimmer Nguyễn Thị Ánh Viên. — Photo plo.vn HÀ NỘI — The top female Vietnamese swimmer Nguyễn Thị Ánh Viên failed to advance from the qualifying round of the 200 metre individual medley at the ongoing 18th FINA World Championship in South Korea on Sunday. Viên finished with a time of 2:17.79 to rank 26th out of 36 swimmers. This result left her 10.77 seconds behind Hungarian Katina Hosszu in first place. Viên’s performance during the event this year was also slower than her personal best which she achieved at the 2017 Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games, in which she beat two Chinese rivals to gain the gold medal with a time of 2:09.78. In the 400m freestyle, Viên also failed to reach the semi-finals after ranking 19th out of 43 swimmers with a time of 4:13.35. Viên, who was born in the southern province of Cần Thơ, has won a total of 19 gold medals, seven silvers and two bronze medals in the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games. She has also broken 11 SEA Games records. Viên has also won two bronze medals at the Asian Games as well as a silver and two bronze medals at the FINA World Cup… Read full this story
- Mack Horton takes another Sun Yang doping swipe ahead of world swimming championships
- Astros sign-stealing scandal: What to know about allegations against 2017 World Series champs
- Washington Nationals top prospect list 2020: Carter Kieboom tops list for World Series champs
- World junior champ Trusova stuns ladies rink with quads at ISU GP Rostelecom Cup
- Carly Telford admits England Women failed at World Cup ahead of friendly clash with Brazil
- Swimming superstar Sun Yang has been called a drug cheat, but do the facts stack up?
- Japanese swim star Rikako Ikee diagnosed with leukemia less than 18 months before Tokyo Olympics
- Mack Horton refuses to share podium with Sun Yang after 400m final at swimming world championships
- Mack Horton, Swimming Australia in trouble with sport's governing body over 'drug cheat' protest
- Who do they drink they are? US World Cup winner Alex Morgan repeats her Brit-baiting tea-sipping celebration before captain Megan Rapinoe declares 'I deserve this' in victory parade around New York
Viên fails to advance at World Swimming Champs have 380 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 22, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.