The pregnant woman was treated timely
The news reached Vietnam on July 12. The field hospital was set up in South Sudan as part of the UN peacekeeping mission. On June 30, the wife of the governor of the Bentiu State was brought to the level-two field hospital when she was 32 weeks pregnant.
When the patient was admitted, she had a high fever and dull pain in the stomach. In the previous week, she already was nauseous and had diarrhoea. Tests showed that she had malaria, anaemia and the fetus lacked amniotic fluid.
Since this was a serious case, the doctors planned to transfer the patient to a higher-level hospital. However, the patient had been in a serious state for days and needed treatment immediately. The doctors helped stabilise her condition before sending her to a hospital in Uganda where she gave birth to a baby girl.
The governor of the Bentiu State called to thank the doctors and wanted to donate a cow to the hospital so that they could share the joy with him. A cow is a very valuable gift in South Sudan and often included in the wife’s dowry.
The commander of the Bentiu base also thanked the doctors for their efforts in helping the local people and UN employees in Sudan.
- UN: Most Sudan rebels and neighbors back Darfur peace hope
- Miracle babies: Helping parents of premature babies feel less alone
- 'It was painful to declare it': outbreak of animal disease was blow to Sudan exports
- Woman who fell in love with fitness after escaping an abusive relationship reveals she kept lifting weights while 10 MONTHS pregnant - and went from 226LBS to 145LBS after giving birth
- Timeline: The trials of the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital complex
- Woman, 22, misdiagnosed by doctors as being bipolar reveals her psychosis was actually caused by a tennis ball-sized brain tumour
- Strictly pro Katya Jones reveals she'd 'love to dance with a woman on the show'... as Ian 'H' Watkins makes history with first same-sex pairing on rival show Dancing On Ice
- Woman, 27, with a large bald patch who's been pulling her hair out since the age of eight reveals how wearing a wig has given her the confidence to finally overcome the habit
- Woman held on charge of plotting husband’s murder
- Obese woman whose family told her she'd 'explode' if she ate any more loses 122 lbs. thanks to a strict diet and exercise - but now her relatives slam her for being 'TOO skinny' at 130 lbs.