Maj Gen Krit Chantharaniyom, spokesman of the Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters (Photo: www.bangkokpost.com) Bangkok (VNA) – The Thai cabinet has recently approved 12 urgent policies which will be implemented in its first year in office, with the focus on tackling poverty reduction, ensuring public safety and boosting economic development. The policies also aim to ease the impacts of the looming drought affecting many provinces, as proposed by Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak, and step up constitutional amendment. Earlier, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said solving bread-and-butter issues that affect people’s daily lives would take top priority among the 12 urgent issues. The new cabinet, which was sworn in on July 16, has received full support from armed forces. Speaking after a recent meeting of the military top brass, Maj Gen Krit Chantharaniyom, spokesman of the Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters, affirmed that the military is ready to serve as a tool to solve problems and respond to government policies. The armed forces will also remain steadfast in their commitment to protect and defend the country’s main institutions — the nation, the religion, the monarchy — as well as the public, Krit added.-VNA
- Is this the new cabinet line-up?
- Parliament will not allow a no-deal Brexit, says new Cabinet minister Rudd
- Can Macron turn things around with new cabinet?
- Half of Ethiopia's new cabinet women, including Muslim defense minister
- Ethiopia's new cabinet will include ministry of peace, but key questions remain
- Theresa May names new cabinet ministers following resignations
- Iraq parliament okays 14 ministers for new cabinet
- New Caledonia issues tsunami alert after powerful earthquake
- Tottenham Hotspur: Why Spurs must solve new stadium issues
- Parliamant will not allow a no-deal Brexit. says new Cabinet Minister Amber Rudd
Thailand’s new cabinet issues 12 urgent policies have 298 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.