A ceremony was held in Hanoi on July 11 to present the medal to Frank Joyce and his wife Mary Anne Barnet from Detroit, Michigan; Judy Gumbo Albert from Berkeley, California; Alex Hing from New York; Karin Aguilar-San Juan, a lecturer of Macalester College, Minnesota; and Douglas Hostetter from Virginia.
Addressing the ceremony, Ambassador Nguyen Tam Chien, Vice Chairman of VUFO and President of the Vietnam-US Society, said the activists had devoted their youth to protesting the war in Vietnam in the 1960s and 1970s. They participated in and mobilized many others to join demonstrations and activities to show solidarity with Vietnam and demand the withdrawal of US troops from Vietnam. After the end of the war, they continue to work for the friendship and cooperation between the two countries.
The ambassador stressed that Vietnamese people always remember with gratitude US friends who stood side by side with Vietnam to struggle for the end of the war and for the return of peace in Vietnam.
Speaking on behalf of the activists, Frank Joyce said they will continue to work for the development of bilateral relations between the US and Vietnam.-VNA
- The MOCST: Honouring a medal for culture, sports and tourism for a manager of South Korea Cultural Center in Vietnam
- Decision No.3574; 3575/QĐ-BVHTTDL on September 20: Honouring a medal for culture, sports and tourism
- Honouring a medal “For culture, sports and tourism”
- Deputy Minister Huynh Vinh Ai honours a medal “ For culture, sports and tourism” for UNFPA’s leader
- Minister Hoang Tuan Anh honours a medal for culture, sports and tourism to Mr.Honna Tetsuji
- Avid animal rights activists honoured
- US veteran honoured with friendship insignia
- Decision No.3969/QĐ-BVHTTDL on October 18: Honouring medal “ For Culture, Sports and Tourism”
- Honouring university of Sports and Physical Training as the third class labour medal
- Prof. Ngo Bao Chau honoured in Canada