Dong Cam Dam, the biggest irrigation source of Phu Yen province, has to operate at full capacity to supply water for paddy fields. (Photo: VOV) Phu Yen (VNA) - The south central coastal province of Phu Yen has been suffering hot weather and severe drought which might cause harvest losses. The provincial People’s Committee has pushed all relevant agencies to help minimise the consequences of the drought. So far, more than 4,000ha of rice has been badly affected by the prolonged drought, many of which is at risk of being destroyed. Dong Cam Dam, the province’s biggest irrigation work in Phu Hoa district, has been operating at full capacity to supply water for paddy fields. At present, water levels in hydropower reservoirs are very low. “The water levels at Tam Giang, Hai Yen and Dong Kho dams are below the minimum level so we have to pump water from rivers to paddy fields,” said Nguyen Van Chien, Vice Director of the Dong Cam Irrigation Company. The provincial authority has asked the Dong Cam Irrigation Company to work with other companies in the region to share water resources for irrigation, said Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Tran Huu The. The drought is forecast… Read full this story
- Appeal after Worthing man 'punched in the face several times' in Brighton
- Australia farmers welcome rain relief amid severe drought
- Schools face 'severe' teacher shortage
- Russia internationals Aleksandr Kokorin & Pavel Mamaev should face 'severe punishment'
- M25 users face 'severe delays' due to Wisley crash
- VAR faces several hurdles in Scotland, says SPFL chief Neil Doncaster
- Dozens Killed, Thousands Displaced as Southern Indian State Faces Severe Floods
- Warning to disclose unpaid offshore tax or face severe penalties
- German farmers to get 340 million euro state aid for drought-caused harvest losses
- Extreme drought causes EU vegetables ‘most serious’ crisis in 40 years
Phu Yen province faces severe drought have 321 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.