|Vice Secretary of the HCM City Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam and Chairwoman of the municipal People’s Council Nguyen Thi Le (R) presents a gift to Politburo member, Secretary of the Vientiane municipal Committee of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party and Mayor of Vientiane city Sinlavong Khutphaythun at the meeting on July 24 (Photo: sggp.org.vn)|
The meeting was part of a working visit to Laos by the HCM City delegation, led by Vice Secretary of the municipal Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam and Chairwoman of the municipal People’s Council Nguyen Thi Le.
Khutphaythun, also a Politburo member and Secretary of the Vientiane municipal Committee of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party, described the visit as an illustration of the special friendship between the two countries, as well as between the two cities.
He informed his guests about Vientiane’s economic development and political stability, along with the difficulties facing it.
As Vientiane will host a meeting of cities located along the Mekong River this October, he invited Vice Secretary of the HCM City Party Committee and Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong to attend the event and pay an official visit to Vientiane.
At the meeting, Le informed her host about HCM City’s socio-economic development in the first half of 2019. She also highlighted the city’s respect for relations between the two cities and between the two countries.
She said HCM City has assisted Vientiane to carry out many projects. Notably, in May and June this year, some families in the southern hub of Vietnam received about 20 Lao students to live with them.
HCM City is also planning to provide financial support of 500,000 USD for Vientiane, and officials of its Finance Department will visit the Lao capital this August to discuss this, Le added.
- Manchester City 10 years on – the inside story of the takeover that changed football forever
- Belfast anti-internment parade to march on City Hall for first time
- 15 perfect stopover cities – and how to make the most of them
- David Freezer: Going ‘full Farke’ can wait for City – the Championship season is a marathon, not a sprint
- Win tickets to Hull City v Derby County in the Carabao Cup
- Why Martial’s situation at Man United is different to Sane’s at City
- Commission encourages border ‘corrections’ to settle Kosovo-Serbia relations
- Çavuşoğlu to meet Iraqi president, KRG officials, Turkmens
- PM holds bilateral meetings with heads of states and high-level officials attending the Francophonie summit in Yerevan
- POLITICO London Playbook: Brexit’s back — A tale of two cities — All change at the Mail
- Swansea City's American owners warn of long-haul back to Premier League
- German city removes golden Erdogan statue
- Bristol Rovers vs Argyle: Tactics, possible line-ups and officials
- Saudi Arabia opens high-speed train linking Islam's holiest cities
- WATCH: Belfast-born clergyman proud to see RIR colours presented in his home city
- Jeremy Corbyn meets with feared Brussels official Martin Selmayr
- The War Of The Bureaucrats: Some Jokes Are All About Timing And The Right Audience
- The story of Steve Cotterill and the shock resignation which left Stoke in chaos
- Two ‘back-dated’ corrigenda fuel CM nomination row
- Behind the scenes at Swans TV as UK fans set to get first glimpse
Officials highlight HCM City’s respect for relations with Vientiane have 528 words, post on english.vov.vn at July 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.