Mong docked tail dogs with a red coat Bac Ha market opens every Sunday morning in the center of Bac Ha town, about 60 km from Lao Cai city. Serendib magazine of Sri Lanka selected it as one of the 10 most interesting markets in Southeast Asia. The market has maintained the character of ethnic groups in Vietnam’s northwest region. In the old days, Bac Ha was a trade hub on the Silk Road from China’s Yunnan province to Central Asia. Local people, mostly Mong, brought their best products to sell at the market. Visitors are impressed by the diversity of products, the colorful clothes of the ethnic women, and the lively atmosphere. Bac Ha market has 4 sections selling cattle, household utensils and farm tools, brocade weaving products and jewelry, and food. They reserve a large space to sell thousands of buffalos, cows, horses, and pigs. Women and tourists are attracted to the garment and textile area where they can choose from a variety of brocade clothes, accessories, and bamboo papooses. For men the Sunday market is a place to meet friends and relax by drinking wine and eating horse soup, a Mong specialty. Local people sell whatever they… Read full this story
- Irish mum who moved to Spain for love can't believe her luck in getting to see Leinster in European final
- Bad dog! Pet pooch shoots owner while playing
- Three Dog Night: Bringing hits & variety back to MPAC
- Sea Dog Brewing brings new restaurant to downtown Exeter
- Dead end brings takeaway owner's 70mph getaway to abrupt halt
- A stealthy Harvard startup wants to reverse aging in dogs, and humans could be next
- Pet owner takes incredible snap of her five border collies next to a dog-shaped WATERFALL – but can you see it?
- What the law says if you smash a car window to rescue a dog trapped on a hot day
- Billings-area dog owner sees strong start to tick season
- Loyal dog protects its owner as he sleeps off a hangover in the middle of street
Mong “docked tail” dog believed to bring luck to owners have 351 words, post on english.vov.vn at July 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.