Miranda Lambert has released the new song “It All Comes Out in the Wash,” the lead single from the CMA Award-winning performer’s upcoming seventh studio album.
Brighter and more upbeat than the bulk of Lambert’s 2016 double album The Weight of These Wings, “It All Comes Out in the Wash” is about life’s mistakes and heartbreaks and their relative impermanence. Over a breezy, acoustic guitar-driven groove, Lambert lists off a litany of mishaps from ketchup spills to drunk dials and more severe infractions like accidentally sharing someone’s pregnancy news or messing around with the boss at the workplace. Relax, she says, it’s not that big of a deal. “Take the sin and the men and you throw ’em all in and you put that sucker on on spin,” she sings, as Jay Joyce’s rock-influenced production twists in unexpected, delightful ways between her verses.
Lambert shared the news that she had been working with Joyce during Chicago’s LakeShake Festival, noting that the move signaled a “new phase and sound” and a more rock-oriented vibe. In June, Lambert gave another taste of the album’s rock influence when she performed the blistering “Locomotive” during her Saturday night set at CMA Fest in Nashville. She released the studio version of “Locomotive” in tandem with “It All Comes Out in the Wash.”
In September, Lambert will revive her Roadside Bars and Pink Guitars Tour for an all-women lineup that includes her trio the Pistol Annies plus Elle King, Maren Morris, Ashley McBryde, Caylee Hammack, and Tenille Townes on select dates.
- Usher 'curates' Macy's fireworks show: Music to feature Kanye West, Rihanna, Kid Cudi, Kelly Clarkson, Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert
- Jason Aldean repeats and Miranda Lambert makes history at ACMs
- Luke Bryan wins big as Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Taylor Swift take backseat at ACM Awards
- CMT Music Awards 2013: Carrie Underwood honors Oklahoma in moving tribute, Miranda Lambert wins big
- Miranda Lambert continues to slam Chris Brown during concert, tells singer to 'take notes'
- Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert lose harmony; closed steam room has members hissing
- Blake Shelton says he’s still ‘buddies’ with ex-wife Miranda Lambert
- Fall Music Preview: New CDs coming from Taylor Swift, Bob Dylan, Carly Rae Jepsen, Green Day, No Doubt, Aerosmith and scores more
- Chris Brown, Rihanna 'Birthday Cake' remix: Exes team up for new song, some fans not pleased
- Spectacle and surprise at ACMs, as Aldean repeats and Miranda makes history
- Review: Chris Janson steals Jake Owen's Country Thunder with his Merle Haggard tribute and new country anthem
- New fall music includes albums from Janet Jackson, Prince, Kanye, Rihanna, One Direction, Keith Richards and even Adele
- Major concerts coming to new Sussex County stage
- ULTIMATE FALL GUIDE 2015: Janet Jackson, Adele, One Direction and many more are getting back into gear with new releases
- Hamill: There's a special pain that comes with being a Mets fan
- Flogging Molly interview: Dave King on the 'transatlantic experience' of recording new album in Ireland
- Spotted in New York: “CarLashes” on a Kia SUV
- Squeegees return as New York City is awash in windshield swipers in sign of (desperate) times
- Listening to Patti Smith's 'Horses,' song by song
- 15 essential Glen Campbell songs
Miranda Lambert Scrubs Away Sins in New Song ‘It All Comes Out in the Wash’ have 519 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at July 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.