The ten-day festival attracted the participation of around 1,900 athletes, coaches, referees and supporting personnel from 29 units in the whole region. Athletes will compete in various sport events, including combined military sports, “Strong soldiers,” military swimming, hurdle race, unarmed martial arts, volleyball, men’ and women’s table tennis, cross-country race, badminton and tennis.
|At the opening ceremony|
Addressing the opening ceremony, General San affirmed that over the past years, together with fulfilling training and combat readiness missions and unit building, Military Region 3’s units have paid attention to physical training and sports movement, contributing to raising physical fitness and combat readiness capabilities of the armed forces.
He said that the festival is an important opportunity for the military region’s leadership to evaluate physical training and sports movement of its affiliated units and find the best athletes for the sports festival of the whole army in 2019.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Bangka Belitung to host traditional sports festivals: Ministry
- Baguio hosts Mindanao fruit festival
- Defense Minister works with Military Region 2
- 2018 NFL free agent: Dolphins host defensive tackle Terrell McClain
- Dunedin To Host International Film Festival This Weekend
- Yogyakarta to host international guppy festival
- Remington to host inaugural neighborhood festival 'Remfest' this May
- Indonesia committed to maintaining regional peace: Defense Minister
- Field Music ready for a noisy day as they host Durham Book Festival’s My First Gig
- Six Flags Great America to host winter holiday festival this year