They will compete in 34 categories, including 15 men’s events, 14 women’s events and five relay races from July 17-19.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Vice Chairman and Secretary General of the municipal Athletics Federation Nguyen Trung Hinh said an electronic system will be deployed to supervise performance of the competitors while the International Association of Athletics Federations’ new rules will be applied in this tourney, thus helping regional coaches and athletes prepare themselves for the 30th SEA Games scheduled for November in the Philippines and the National Track and Field Championships in September.
The HCMC International Track and Field Vietnam Open was first held in 1993. It was recognised as an official tournament in Asia by the Asian Athletics Association in 2010.-VNA
- A's, Mariners to open 2019 MLB season in Japan
- LIVE: EPC/Colonial League track & field championships
- Fire breaks out at Tropicana Field on Opening Day
- Results from the Day 1 of the Colonial League Track & Field Championships
- Fire inside Tropicana Field on Opening Day
- Tennessee Vols Morning Report: Recruiting, Women’s Basketball Win, Track & Field
- Giants eager to get home, on track after rough opening week
- Erica Bougard wins pentathlon at USA Track & Field Indoor
- Crooks, Caldwell, Diggs win big at District 11 Track & Field Championships
- Live updates: PIAA Track & Field Championships